Wednesday, March 13, 2013

School rules RULE!


Moving to a new country is a really bold thing to do, but sometimes it is simply scary. That’s why I want to thank you for a worm welcome in Daruvar and making me feel like at home. I appreciate your every smile and your effort to make conversations in English.

My observation period is over now. Over the past two weeks I’ve been visiting various classes, observing the teachers and learning about the school routines and customs.

Did you know that…

An example of Polish humor

in Poland students have to write short tests whenever teachers ask them? It can even happen in the middle or at the end of the lesson. Those unannounced quizzes are called “niezapowiedziane kartkóweczki”. So you’d better not piss off your Polish teacher, otherwise you can expect them saying “Wyciągamy karteczki.” [Eng. Take out sheets of paper.], which is the announcement for the short quiz being written right away. Dear students and teachers, how would you feel about this rule at your school?

For more examples: start a search engine, type in "wyciągamy karteczki" and have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I remember those days with a smile on my face :-) We used to have such tests in Croatian schools until a few years ago.
    And, you, Poles, seem to have a good sense of humour, a quality I admire in all people.
    As far as you being in our school is concerned, teamteaching was a new experience for me. And it has been a good one. The pupils have told me that they had enjoyed it, too. Something new!

    ReplyDelete