Sunday, March 3, 2013

Daruvar, here I am!


Dear students, teachers and parents,

Welcome to my weekly blog on my life and work in Daruvar.  Most of you have already heard about me, but only a few had chance to meet me in person. Let me introduce myself again. My name is Emilia. I come from Poland. My hometown is Zbąszynek, a small town located about 100 km from Frankfurt (Oder), Germany. However, I’ve been living in Poznań for over 6 years. I graduated from Adam Mickiewicz University, where I was studying the early childhood education (BA), the school counseling and care (MA) and English (BA). I did a part of my studies in Finland as an Erasmus student. I also visit Ireland every now and then (I lived there for 9 months in total).

Making friends in Lapland

Giant's Causeway, Ireland

My first activity in Croatia was the Erasmus Intensive Language Course (EILC) in Rijeka. I can’t imagine myself living in a foreign country and not making an effort to learn the basics of the language. Since Polish and Croatian are sisters (both are Slavic languages), it was really easy to get started. Every day I learn something new, though I still have trouble speaking. So, please, try to be patient and forgive me the moments of confusion.

EILC Rijeka, The class of 2013

As a Comenius assistant at your school, I’ll be observing classes, supporting the school staff and teaching my own language and culture. I’ll be more than happy to participate both in everyday school life and extracurricular activities. I encourage you to get in touch whenever you feel like. Don’t hesitate to ask questions or seek for support.

 I officially invite you to accompany me in the truly intercultural experience and to help me discover the true face of Croatia.


1 comment:

  1. I hope you'll have an awesome stay with us and all your intercultural experience will only be the very pleasant ones! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete